After three years of hesitation, the 100 ball cricket league by England Cricket Board is now officially announced. The 100 ball cricket tournament will be played in July 2020. There are 8 teams participating in this new format of cricket. One of the most interesting things about the “The Hundred” is that each team will feature both women’s and men’s teams.
Some popular cricket stars like Kane Williamson, David Warner, Steve Smith, Andre Russell, and Rashid Khan are going to entertain the cricket fans. After a tremendous success of t20 format, England Cricket Board is now aiming to make this sport more interesting and entertaining for both spectators and players by taking the 100 ball route.
100 Ball Tournament Teams
A total of 8 teams from 7 different cities including two teams from London is going to participate in the new cricket league.
Here are the eight teams with the cities names of The Hundred league.
- London Spirit (Lords)
- Welsh Fire (Cardiff)
- Birmingham Phoenix (Edgbaston)
- Manchester Originals (Emirates Old Trafford)
- Oval Invincibles (The Oval)
- Northern Superchargers (Emerald Headingly)
- Trent Rockets (Trent Bridge)
- Southern Brave (Ageas Bowl)
The Hundred Rules and Regulations
It’s the 100 ball cricket rules that have made the league a big talking point. The timing and format of the 100 ball cricket were decided to try and reach out especially to the kids and wide during the summer break. Take a look at the rules and regulations of the 100 ball league.
There will be a total of 200 legal deliveries per match with 100 balls being bowled per one inning.
There will be 10 deliveries in 1 over.
Bowling ends will be changed after every 10 balls or 1 over.
Each bowler will deliver a maximum of 20 balls in one match.
A bowler can deliver either 10 consecutive balls or 5 balls. The team captain has the authority to choose the bowler. Two bowlers from one side can bowl 10 balls or 1 over per innings.
Each bowling has the right to get a strategic timeout of about two and a half minutes in one inning.
The team coach can walk out during the timeout to the middle and share some tactics with his players.
100 Ball Cricket League Game Duration
The match will run for about two and a half hours.
100 Ball Cricket Power play
- There is a 25 balls power play for each side at the start of the innings.
There will be only two fielders outside the thirty-yard circle in the power play.
100 Ball Squad Rules
- A maximum of 3 foreign players is allowed for one side.
- All teams must have 15 members squad.
- Each team must sign at least one England Test player.
100 Ball League CoachesThe head coaches of the team are finalized and there are some popular names on the coaching list. Take a look at the coaches of the eight teams of 100 ball cricket league.
- London Spirit Shane Warne
- Oval Invincibles Tom Moody
- Birmingham Phoenix Andrew McDonald
- Manchester Originals Simon Katich
- Southern Brave Mahela Jayewardene
- Northern Superchargers Darren Lehmann
- Welsh Fire Gary Kristen
- Trent Rockets Stephen Fleming